Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Birthday!!

This is the first picture ever taken of me as a 25 year old!!!!Robby got me a Garmin Nuvi for my birthday!! It is a GPS system that can go in your car or that you can walk around with. It is awesome. We used it to find a place to hike and to eat. But first Robby took me to the gym!!!! It was a day full of things that I love to do! Gym, Hike, Drive, and eat at Chipotle!!!! We found this beautiful place to hike in Sunol, California.
Robby, Clara, and I hiking. The place was so pretty and green and it was such a beautiful day. I just thought these two pictures were good ones of the place we hiked and of my tummy!! The only thing that the Garmin didn't mention is that there were going to be a million cows roaming the land we were hiking on. We did everything the signs said..... don't hit the cows, don't walk through them, don't pet them, don't feed them...... but this cow, this particular big old cow didn't like us for some reason. Robby and I went way around her and she started to chase us! I mean, I have never seen a cow move like that! Robby was yelling at me to get behind him or to climb a tree, and I was like you want me to to do what!!!!! Guys, this cow was crazy, it chased us for a little while, and then somehow it got around us and cut us off! It was growling at us.... like a mad cow!!! I seriously thought it had rabies...... We both picked up rocks and sticks and I started to cry and it was horrifying!!!! We finally shimmied.... well, Robby shimmied, I crab crawled, down this hill side into a ravine and followed a creek until we found another trail! We both started to laugh really hard once we realized what had just happend and that Robby was wearing a bright red shirt and that my pants were bright red!!!! The funniest thing is that the park ranger wanted to know the cows tag number!! I was like, oh I'm sorry for not walking up to the big, mad, growling cow and looking at its ear tag!!!!! In all, it was a really fun day. I had a great birthday weekend. The people at work, Robby, and friends and family who called really made me feel very special. Thanks to you all! 25 sounds so much older than 24 to me, but you know, I'll never be as young as I am today.... and neither will you!