Me in our room after a long, fun day! Clara is nice and snug!
Monday we spent the whole day hiking the Sierras! It was really hard to walk up mountains through all the snow! We had to have special equipment!
It was just gorgeous looking at the snow from the mountains. I don't know what was prettier... this or the lake!

The moon was breathtaking with the snow falling down! The snow is brown from cars driving past!

The whole trip was fun and quite an adventure! Robby and I made friends with another young couple at the lodge and we shared a taxi cab into Tahoe city on Saturday night to eat and buy snow chains for our cars! There was a blizzard! Well, after the hike on Monday, we attempted to put the chains on our car and they were the wrong size! We were so cold and the snow was coming down so hard! I thought we might both cry when we realized that the only way to get more snow chains was to hike back to Tahoe city and then try to exchange the ones we had! Well, we started walking, and we walked and walked.... Robby was so afraid I would slip without the shoes we had already turned in! We finally made it to the gas station and all of the chains were sold out. To make things worse the lady said we couldn't return the $60 chains we bought that we couldn't even use! Well, guys, I don't know if Clara is going to be a fiesty one or not... but my Nana came out in me and I told the girl that I was 7 months pregnant and I had just walked 2 miles in the blizzard and that there was not one sign on our reciept or on the chain display that says we can't return them..... So we returned them! I thought Robby's jaw was going to drop off as she gaves us our money back! We walked around and found another gas station that had the right size, we bought the chains and walked back to the car! Thankfully these fit and we started what should have only been a 3 hour drive back to Berkeley. It took us 7 hours! The snow was coming down so hard and the roads were so icy and our headlights and windshield kept getting covered with mud from the big trucks! It was a crazy drive! But we made it home safely! It was a great trip. We have talked about going back for a weekend after Clara is born to see it without the snow. I think she would like it. Well, I guess I will let you go. I have worked the last two days and I still have clothes to unpack and wash and we have no groceries! I love you guys. Clara is getting so big! I can't wait to share these adventures with her! ~ Dea