I thought that this picture was pretty funny, and went with the theme of these last few blogs! I didn't hear from Robby yesterday, I am hoping that it was because he was so busy, not because he was so sick! Yesterday, Tuesday here, (Wed. in China!) he was supposed to continue to do more site analysis and documentation in the morning, and in the afternoon they were going to present their site analysis and inital systems propositions. Then they were supposed to discuss their design ideas with the Tianjin University students and the students hosted their dinner banquet last night. I wonder what types of foods they cooked for Robby and his class! I'll let you guys know how they are doing as soon as I hear from Robby. I signed up to run the Big Sur Half Marathon yesterday! It is on October 28, and it is a race along the bay! I am very excited! I actually planned a whole little trip around it. The race is in Monterey, CA, and the aquarium there is supposed to be one of the best in the world, so I bought tickets for Robby and I to go to that on Saturday the 28 of October! Then we will spend the night at a hotel in Monterey and I will run Sunday. Here is the website for the race http://www.bsim.org/ and for the aquarium http://www.mbayaq.org/ if anyone wants to look at them. I miss you guys so much. It really makes me happy to be able to write, especially when Robby is gone. When he gets back, I will probably just go back to posting when something interesting happens!! But for now, this is really helping me not feel so lonely! Have a great rest of the week. Talk to you soon! ~Dea
Just something we're trying to do to shorten the distance and keep in touch!
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Day5: No news from Robby :(
I thought that this picture was pretty funny, and went with the theme of these last few blogs! I didn't hear from Robby yesterday, I am hoping that it was because he was so busy, not because he was so sick! Yesterday, Tuesday here, (Wed. in China!) he was supposed to continue to do more site analysis and documentation in the morning, and in the afternoon they were going to present their site analysis and inital systems propositions. Then they were supposed to discuss their design ideas with the Tianjin University students and the students hosted their dinner banquet last night. I wonder what types of foods they cooked for Robby and his class! I'll let you guys know how they are doing as soon as I hear from Robby. I signed up to run the Big Sur Half Marathon yesterday! It is on October 28, and it is a race along the bay! I am very excited! I actually planned a whole little trip around it. The race is in Monterey, CA, and the aquarium there is supposed to be one of the best in the world, so I bought tickets for Robby and I to go to that on Saturday the 28 of October! Then we will spend the night at a hotel in Monterey and I will run Sunday. Here is the website for the race http://www.bsim.org/ and for the aquarium http://www.mbayaq.org/ if anyone wants to look at them. I miss you guys so much. It really makes me happy to be able to write, especially when Robby is gone. When he gets back, I will probably just go back to posting when something interesting happens!! But for now, this is really helping me not feel so lonely! Have a great rest of the week. Talk to you soon! ~Dea

