

Hello peoples! I just wanted to let everyone know that I heard from Robby today. He made it to Tianjin safely and was at his hotel. I looked at the hotel's website and it is a very nice looking place. If you want to look at it click on this link
www.hfghotel.com.cn He said his flight was fine, but he is having a hard time sleeping. It was 2 am in China when I talked to him on instant messanger. He said that China is a "very strange looking place" and that he was looking forward to taking pictures. Tomorrow he and his classmates are supposed to have a tour of Tianjin with the Hebei Government and then the Hebei Government is having a banquet for them for dinner! Robby said that his teacher warned them to be careful what they eat! He said that the people will try to impress them with "delicacies". His teacher told them that last year they served turtle soup, with the entire dead turtle (shell, body, head, and all) floating in it!!! I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes for him. Well, I have posted three maps above for you guys to look at if you want. The first is of China; Tianjin is just below Beijing and to the right. The second map is a map of Tianjin, I tried to figure out where he was staying and where his architecture site is, but I couldn't, sorry. Tomorrow I work a 12 hour shift, so I probably won't write again until Monday. I will be sure to let you guys know what is going on. Today was a strange day, I don't really like being alone all day. I found myself starting up conversations with random people at the gym and at the grocery store!! I will be glad to have Robby back home, I miss him. I have to say though, Mary and Gigi sent me some good surprises in the mail today and I was very excited to recieve them. Thanks guys! I love you. ~Dea