Well, Robby's plane left SF today for China at 4pm and he is supposed to arrive tomorrow at 7pm. It is a 12 hour flight! The time difference between here and China is a bit confusing. I found a great website that is supposed to allow me to post a clock to my blog that will keep up with the time in China. I thought it would be fun for us to all know what time it is where Robby is. I will try to make it work, or at least post a link to the website for you guys! Right now it is 8:48pm on Friday night here in CA and it is 11:48 am on Saturday morning in China! Talk about jet lag! I have Robby's whole schedule until he goes to Beijing on October 30. I will write and tell you guys what he is doing every day that I can. There is nothing planned for tomorrow but for them to arrive in Tianjin and check into their hotel. They are staying at the Huafu Palace Hotel in the Tianjin Heping District. I will post again on Sunday or tomorrow and let you guys know what he is doing and if I hear from him. You know, it is a really weird feeling being thousands of miles away from everyone you love. I now know what it feels like to be totally alone. I could disappear tomorrow and no one here would even notice. It makes me feel like my sad bunny picture. But like some person said somewhere, "that which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger". Right??? Well, either that or it just makes us realize that we are NEVER going to do it again! We will just have to see how this whole being alone thing goes. Robby told me it was a test. He said for me to be a rock, an island even. Well, right now I just feel like a rock on an island with no other rocks to be my friend......... Oh I'm just sort of kidding! Anyways, my grandmother called me tonight at like 10 B'ham time just to check on me and it made me feel so much better, and very loved. Thanks Nana. You guys all have a great night. I am going to attemp to get this clock thing to work! Love ya~The rock
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/wtsclock001.swf?color=00FF00&wtsid=CN
Ok, so I couldn't get the clock to work, but you can just click on the link above and it will take you to my clock that is showing the current time in Tianjin. I hope. If that doesn't work just click on this website below. It will show you the time in China, the weather, and some other stuff! Or you can do both!!
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CN.aspx
Just something we're trying to do to shorten the distance and keep in touch!
Friday, October 13, 2006
Day 1: Robby is off / Dea is all alone
Well, Robby's plane left SF today for China at 4pm and he is supposed to arrive tomorrow at 7pm. It is a 12 hour flight! The time difference between here and China is a bit confusing. I found a great website that is supposed to allow me to post a clock to my blog that will keep up with the time in China. I thought it would be fun for us to all know what time it is where Robby is. I will try to make it work, or at least post a link to the website for you guys! Right now it is 8:48pm on Friday night here in CA and it is 11:48 am on Saturday morning in China! Talk about jet lag! I have Robby's whole schedule until he goes to Beijing on October 30. I will write and tell you guys what he is doing every day that I can. There is nothing planned for tomorrow but for them to arrive in Tianjin and check into their hotel. They are staying at the Huafu Palace Hotel in the Tianjin Heping District. I will post again on Sunday or tomorrow and let you guys know what he is doing and if I hear from him. You know, it is a really weird feeling being thousands of miles away from everyone you love. I now know what it feels like to be totally alone. I could disappear tomorrow and no one here would even notice. It makes me feel like my sad bunny picture. But like some person said somewhere, "that which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger". Right??? Well, either that or it just makes us realize that we are NEVER going to do it again! We will just have to see how this whole being alone thing goes. Robby told me it was a test. He said for me to be a rock, an island even. Well, right now I just feel like a rock on an island with no other rocks to be my friend......... Oh I'm just sort of kidding! Anyways, my grandmother called me tonight at like 10 B'ham time just to check on me and it made me feel so much better, and very loved. Thanks Nana. You guys all have a great night. I am going to attemp to get this clock thing to work! Love ya~The rock
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/clocks/wtsclock001.swf?color=00FF00&wtsid=CN
Ok, so I couldn't get the clock to work, but you can just click on the link above and it will take you to my clock that is showing the current time in Tianjin. I hope. If that doesn't work just click on this website below. It will show you the time in China, the weather, and some other stuff! Or you can do both!!
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CN.aspx

