Sunday, September 03, 2006

Devote yourself to the welfare of those who are committed to your care ~ Florence Nightingale

Hi everyone! This picture is of us under Sather Gate. It is a famous land mark on Berkeley's campus. Well, Robby's first week of school went well. He was able to get into every class he wanted and he is making some new friends! We found out that there are only 6 people accepted into the 1 year program with him! Such a smart boy! He is already busy working on projects and stuff. My first week of work went well also. I have been going to classes 8 hours every day and next week I will start to mix going to class with working 12 hour shifts! I am very excited. My unit is great. God has blessed us in every way. Isn't it wonderful how much He takes care of things. Thanks to all of you who have been praying for us. Please continue to pray!!! Well, I think Robby might be getting tired of all the fish and organic foods we have been eating! Last night at 4 in the morning I woke up and found him eating chocolate chip cookies and milk in the kitchen!!!!! It was hilarious! Im not starving him, I promise, I will just have to search for a place that sells affordable beef!! All the beef you can find here is lean cuts and it is way too expensive!!! Buying groceries has been the hardest thing for me to figure out! Whole foods stores and organic markets are the only affordable things around here. I have to drive like 45 minutes to get to anything else! I love the food, Robby does too, but something about boys makes them want a pizza or a Big Mack once or twice a week!!! Well, Im going to go now. I am going to make sausage, eggs, and biscuits this morning and surprise my starving husband!! Oh yeah, and that saying by Florence Nightingale is one of my favorites. It can be applied to nurses as well as others. Everyone needs somebody to love and take care of them, but most importantly everyone needs someone to love and take care of. I don't believe that humans are capable of standing alone, we find strength and balance in those God has placed in our lives, that is why He has placed them there. Ahh... sorry I didn't mean to get on a soap box! Berkeley is rubbing off on me! Have a great weekend guys.