Friday, August 26, 2011

catching up!

Today we took Clara to Oak Mountain and rented a flat bottom boat, which Clara kept calling a "fat bottom boat"... she is a big Queen fan! We had a great time, feeding fish, catching turtles and lizards, and eating lunch in the boat. At one point we tried to get out on the shore and I sunk in about a foot, I lost my shoe in the mud and had to dig it out, instead of helping me Robby grabbed the camera and took a ton of terrible pictures of me...... but it was really funny. Clara was dying to jump in the mud too, but we were afraid she would sink so we didn't let her. It has been a great morning. Amanda is the best for trading days with me at work so I could have today off with Robby and Clara! :) Thanks!
I'm afraid Joseph is going to learn at an early age to be as good of a sport as daddy is......
slip-n-slide!
We love going to Home Depot the first Sat of every month and making projects with Clara. It is free and really fun!
I have done such a bad job lately of keeping the blog updated! Life is so busy with a 3 year old! It is still no excuse because I read blogs from mothers of 4 or more kids and they seem to do an excellent job of it! Clara and I have been spending a lot of time lately fixing up her new room! We are expecting a baby boy in December and he is getting all of her none girly baby stuff, so I have been trying my best to make it a fun transition... and a slow one! I will have to take some pictures of her room, it is precious and so grown up looking now. She is adjusting to the thought of being a big sister very nicely, I think she is mainly excited about the possibility of being someones boss! She has already started to hide her favorite toys! We are naming the boy Joseph Robert Austin, I love the name and it is very family on both sides so it is a good one. We will call him Joseph, all though Clara is certain that his name will be Jo Jo.... She gives all her favorite people double first names! Robby is excited about having a boy, he is already talking about coaching soccer, and I think Joseph will be a good player as hard as he kicks! We bought a crib for him off of Craigs list last night and it is beautiful, Robby did not want to put his boy in a white jenny lind crib, plus it is drop side so we got a newer supposedly safer one. I love it. I never really got to make a nursery for Clara, you guys saw the tiny place we lived in in California and then we stayed with my parents for the first year we lived in Birmingham while we were looking for a house, so I am having so much fun fixing up my baby's room.