Friday, November 07, 2008

The mouse in Mumzy's house!

Kate, Katie's little girl with Hudson. Katie's children came over for a play date the other day. It was fun. I think Thomas and Sawyer got along really well. Clara with her favorite dragon. It was given to her by Paola (a friend of ours from Berkeley).
I am starting to realize that things will never "settle down"! I keep telling people that as soon as things settle down I will do this or that....... after weeks of waiting for that magic moment, I have given up hope!! Don't get me wrong, we are so happy, it is just a new lifestyle we are having to adjust to. Funny story: Robby helped my dad catch a mouse the other day! It was hilarious, I wish I had had a camera! I found a mouse in our pantry, screamed bloody murder, and put four traps in there to catch it with no success..... so my dad decided that it was time for him and his new bff, Robby, to take matters into their own hands. My father leaves and we all think he is going to get gloves or something to catch it with. But no, he comes back with a wet-vac! They started moving things out of the pantry and found the little thing in the bottom under some stuff. My dad sucked it up and started shaking the hose to get it to go into the bucket! Well, the little thing somehow climbed up and as my dad was shaking it, leaped from the hose onto the floor of the kitchen! My dad, who thinks anything with four legs "goes for the throat" started running around after it and handed Robby the hose! It was gut busting, tears streaming down my face, funny! Robby finally caught it after some pretty hilarious chasing! They left it in the bucket and later my dad says he took it and set it free in a field or something! I'm not so sure about that, but I know he didn't kill it, my dad can't hurt a fly! Now my nephews keep telling all of their friends and every stranger they meet about the mouse in Mumzy's house that Poppie sucked up in a vacuum!