Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun Day with Beth and Ben

Daniel Boon!! No, it's just Ben, Beth's son! He is already 9 months old and into everything! Clara, playing with Ben's caterpillar... so fun! Yesterday, Clara loved, I mean, LOVED her singing star! Granddad Austin gave Clara a GREAT Peter Rabbit book. We read it every morning. Today was a fun day. We read books this morning and then packed up and spent the WHOLE DAY with Beth and Ben. It was so great to get out of the house. Beth called to see if I wanted to walk today and I actually just asked her if I could come and do whatever she is doing for the day! This little apartment is closing in on me! I will sometimes go the whole day without even going outside. That has to stop! I am getting a little stir crazy! I mean, Clara is 8 weeks old today, I can't be scared of taking her places forever! When we Got to their house, Clara put on quite the show for Ben and Beth! She cooed and smiled and held her head up, she rolled over and played with Ben. I don't think we had been there an hour before she had worn herself out playing and doing every trick she knows! I put her in her sling and we went for a walk and went shopping. She slept for 3 hours! We had to pick out an anniversary gift for Zach and then we found this great kids clothes store that I am going to go to tomorrow and buy some stuff for the princess. It was a good day. It has been a while since I have done anything like that. I am worn out and Clara is already in bed! Well, I am going to go watch TV with Robby. Have a great weekend!
Side note: Check out the "crazy mom" stack of books I have on the shelf behind Clara, in the second picture, under the "Morning Run" post! And, yes, I have read them all. (If you enlarge the picture you can see them better). But the scariest part about it, is that that is just the stack of Postpartum books I have! There is an even bigger stack of prenatal books behind those!! Ok, nighty night.