Monday, May 28, 2007

Waikiki

Our first day in Hawaii was short, we didn't get there until much later than we thought because our plane from San Fran was delayed by THREE hours! We basically got there, checked in, ate dinner, and went to bed!
This is Waikiki Beach, our hotel in Oahu, Honolulu was within walking distance to this famous beach and all of the shopping surrounding it. We spent All day our second day on the beach. The water was beautiful and there were a million surfers! It was great fun! This is Robby and I in our Hotel room getting ready for a day at the beach! The hotel was pretty cool, it was a Spa and always smelled like lavender and Thyme! Aromatherapy!! Along the road, by the shopping center in Waikiki and Diamondhead there were all these palm trees. The workers would climb up the trees without tools (other than a rope) and cut the branches and coconuts out with machetes! It was very cool to watch. This is a picture Robby took of us standing on a bridge in Waikiki looking at these fish! They were swimming against the current and there were thousands of them! This is us in the lobby of our hotel, we went out to eat dinner at a nice resturant on our third night, I am wearing my seashell lei that I was given at the luau the night before. (pictures of the luau to come!) I liked this painting.