Saturday, May 12, 2007

See Jane Run Half Marathon!

Today was a great day!!! I ran in a hlaf Marathon this morning on Alameda Island and I won!! Well, not the whole thing, I got 12th place overall out of about 600, I got 4th place if you divide the age groups up by 10's (like ages 20-30), but the way they divided up the age groups I won first place in my age group (ages 19-25)!! I lucked out with that because I won a new Timbuk2 purse and a new bair of Brooks running shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best part of the whole thing was seeing Robby's face as I crossed the finish line! It was this mixed smile of pure shock and delight and I wouldn't have cared who beat me after seeing that face!! I finished the race in an hour and 30 minutes wich is 12 minutes faster than the time I ran and won in Auburn's Half Marathon! I guess running all these hills here has made me a lot faster, plus I am no longer swimming through humidity!!! It was so much fun! Anyways, the terrible pictures of me above are from the race. After the race Robby and I went shopping to buy him some gifts with the money my mom and dad and nana and pooh sent Robby for graduation. He got a leather breif case/satchel and a new wallett. We also bought ourselves some crocs for our sailing trip today. We are going sailing with some friends of mine from work! We are pumped about it!!!! I will take lots of pictures and post them later. I have to go make our lunches now. I love you guys. have a great mother's day tomorrow! Andrea