Hey Guys,
The picture above is of "Shredmold", a skate park that Robby and some other architects are designing for some highschool kids in oakland. This is a schematic design that Robby did of the park. They are using a new form of concrete from Europe (I think) that is as strong as steel, but is easily poured into different shapes. They are trying to make a single part that can be used in multiple ways during skate competitions and stuff. Skate boarding is huge here; even old guys do it! It's kind of funny; if you walk in downtown Berkeley on a weekday at lunch time, there will be men in suits riding their long boards down the sidewalk with their ties flapping in the wind over their shoulders!! Oh yeah, speaking of men in suits, I forgot to write and tell everyone that last Friday Robby recieved a call from SOM! They wanted to interview him! This is THE firm Robby was hoping would call him. I am very proud and excited for him about this opportunity. SOM is the second largest architecture firm in the world. You guys might be a little familiar with them, they are the ones who were chosen the design the new World Trade Center. He actually just left for the interview, he looked sharp, he wore his fitted shirt from China and we even shined his shoes!! It is today at 3:30. The firm is in San Francisco near Embarcadero. If he takes the job and we stay we could just live near a BART station so he could easily get to work and I could easily get to the hospital. The Ashby BART is only like a block from my hospital and the Embarcadero BART is just as close to SOM. But we will just have to see how things turn out, you guys don't need to get worked up yet. We still have not decided to stay or to go. We are praying, and waiting to see how things turn out. I just wanted to let you know so you guys would pray for Robby if you get this today. I'll keep you updated, I always do!! Love, Dea. Here is a link to SOM's website http://www.som.com/opener.cfm

