Monday, November 13, 2006

My Hospital!

Alta Bates Medical Center, Berkeley, CA. I love the ivy growing up the wall!The view of Berkeley and San Francisco from the ICU on the west side.The same picture zoomed in on San Francisco. We do have some fall trees! The Golden Gate bridge from the ICU on the West side of the hospital; if you click on this picture, you can see Alcatraz Island infront of the bridge. This time of year the fog isn't as heavy, and you can actually tell that the bridge is red. The view from the ICU is incredible. Some of the people there say it is the reason that they have stayed at Alta Bates working so long! I'll have to get you guys a picture of the sunset too, wow.... Sometimes I find myself just staring out of the window. The people on my unit think it is funny how taken I am with the view. They think that the pictures I showed them from the back of Mary and Tom's house are more beautiful. I guess it is just what you grow up with. They are two totally different views of two totally different worlds, and I think that each view does a great job of summing up the beauty and the personality of each place. Well, Robby just woke up so I am going to go make breakfast! I just finished a long stretch of three 12 hour shifts, so I have a couple of days off to play! I love you all and I miss you so much ~Andrea