Monday, September 18, 2006

A Nurses Nightmare

I found this picture on the internet the other day when I was googling IV titration info for fun... I know, dork.... but anyways, unless you are a nurse it is hard to find the sick humor behind this drawing. I promise, after being in the ICU all day, you actually go to sleep hearing little beeping sounds and alarms! So, I guess this is more for my nursing friends and my sister, but I laughed so hard when I saw it, I had to share it. Speaking of the ICU, things are still going well at work. Thank you as always for your prayers. You know, it is amazing how the strength I see in some of my patients and especially their families never ceases to warm my heart and surprise me. I love a good cry, and especially when I get to share it with people who need to know it's ok to cry. Ok, Andrea... Bla bla bla.......Sorry, too much sentimental gibberish! Anyways, Robby and I are getting things ready for him to go to China. We are now waiting for his passport to be "over-nighted" to us for a mere extra $100!(Im still not understanding how in Fed-ex language that can mean two weeks!) But whatever, after we get that, we have to go to the Chinese embassy in SF and get him a visa. That's really all we have left to do. We have him plane tickets and stuff already! I told him to take lots of pictures so I can send them to you guys, but get ready... it will be 2 pictures of people and then 100 pictures of every angle of every building he sees!! As for other things going on, everything is pretty good. I am finally starting to know my way around and I think Robby is really enjoying his classes. He is making friends and we are enjoying getting to learn about the different cultures of the people in his class. He actually has 2 class mates going to China with him that are from there! I have made some friends at the hospital too. There are three other people in the ICU that are also in their 20's that have just been hired, so I have been spending a lot of time with them. I would really like for us to meet some married people to hang out with together though, and not ones from the hospital or from school. Well, anyways, I just thought it was time for me to say hi to everyone. I am trying to update at least once or twice a week, so I guess I will talk to you guys soon! Bye