Just something we're trying to do to shorten the distance and keep in touch!
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
A really long dialog!!!
Ok, so it is taking a really long time for my computer to upload images to this blog.... There has got to be a better way to do this! So, I am just going to talk for a little while and then I will attatch a photo album or something to this website.... Technology....yuck! I was trying to make things easy, but I don't know what is going on... sorry guys. Ill figure things out soon enough! Well, where was I, ok. The second day Rob and I drove all the way to Albuquerque, New Mexico. We saw some beautiful land. New Mexico has got to be the prettiest place I have ever seen! The third day of our adventure we drove into Arizona where we spent the afternoon at the Grand Canyon! It was breath-taking. I couldn't have even imagined how Grand it really is. We hiked down into the canyon and took a lot of pictures. We saw mountain goats and the sunset over the canyon. How special is it that God created such beautiful things for us to see. We stayed a lot later than we expected and we didn't make it into Las Vegas that night. We decided to make it a day trip some other time and just go ahead and skip it this trip. The fourth day we drove into California. It was a really cool experience to see the land change as we drove out west. The cool thing about CA is that it is a mixture of all of the other states! There are mountains and valleys and deserts and lakes and the ocean.... it is just beautiful here! When we drove into the bay area I almost couldn't breath! I have never seen anything like it! There are so many people here. Everything is so dense! There are these huge over passes that are layered like three lanes high and people drive like 90 miles an hour over them! Our first week here a car jumped off of the over pass and got stuck in the top of a tree!!! I kid you not! It is crazy! When the fog comes in over the bay it is like you are driving in the clouds! Robby has yet to let me drive on them!!! I think we are really going to love it here. It is like Berkeley was made for us! You can either walk or ride your bike everywhere, and there are so many architectural buildings for Robby to look at. We already have a million pictures of every possible angle of like 10 buildings!! The people here are a little rude, but I think it is just because we are so used to "southern hospitality". I mean, I have had like 10 doors slam in my face because the people going in them before me haven't held them for me. And Robby had some guy practically yell at him for wearing a Coke t-shirt because coke "eats your insides, man"! I have had at least 3 people ask me if I grew up in the country! The COUNTRY????, you'd think I sounded like a Hill-billy or something!!! But its ok, they seem to like the "southern charm"!! I really can't wait until you guys come visit us. I can't imagine anyone not loving it here! I'll work on figuring out how to best share our pictures. We love you guys and miss you all very much.
Dea

