Monday, February 08, 2010

My favorite parts of the day.

Finally, enough hair to fix!!! My mom says she looks just like I did.
Monkey towel... Clara will wear it around the house all day!
She loves this train!
CHEEEEEESE!
Nurse Clara
I have found that there are 3 parts of my day that I look forward to. First, is when I wake up in the morning. No matter how late Robby gets home from work, I always find myself waking up with one arm and one leg thrown over his side. It is a wonderful feeling to wake up with him beside me. The sound that usually wakes me up is a little high pitched voice talking in the other room. When Clara wakes up, she usually starts playing with her 4 special stuffed animals that she won't sleep without. There is Sandwich Cat: a multi-colored, striped, yarn-cat that we bought for Clara long before she was born, next is Pink Monkey: which was Clara's first Valentine's from her daddy, there is Ele: a baby blue elephant-head lovie with Hudson's name embroidered on it, and last is Alli: a beanie baby alligator given to us by Grant (a good friend from California). We have spent many nights searching for one or more of these prized possessions! My second favorite part of the day is when Clara wakes up from her nap. I hear the same sweet high-pitched voice playing with her four animals, but when I go to get her, I always slightly crack the door, so I can peak in on her. She is so precious when she is talking to her "friends". It usually doesn't take her long to notice that I am spying on her and she turns and gives me this huge grin and says "I wuv you mommy" as she reaches for me. It is when I feel my happiest. Then, my last favorite part of the day is when Robby gets home from work. Every time he opens the door our British alarm system says, "Garage door open" and Clara jumps up and yells, "daddy...... hide"! We always run to her room and get behind the big rocking chair. Robby pretends not to find us and she giggles and says, "shhhhhhhh" really loudly. I love it. I'm not sure what I did with my days before we had Clara.......