Friday, May 16, 2008

Two weeks old today!

Clara is two weeks old today! We went to the doctor yesterday and she is now 8.10 pounds and 21 inches long!!!!! In the hospital the doctor told me to feed her every time she was hungry to help her gain weight and establish a good milk supply for her, but that is all going so well that now we are going to have to start putting her feeding on a schedule, apparently she eats a little too much! It is good that the doctor says it is ok to stop feeding her every time she wants to eat, mommy was starting to feel drained! Plus she ALWAYS wants to be moving! I am so happy that she is so healthy though, the doctor says that she is perfect and that she is very alert and aware of her surroundings for her age..... I guess that's a good thing, I just wanted her to be healthy! Her umbilical cord fell off so now she gets to take real baths! this morning was her first real bath. See those pudgy little arms and legs and that big tummy!