
Me and Robby on the way to the hospital to have Clara at 3:15 pm on May 1, 2008.

When I got to the hospital my blood pressure was too high and the nurses and doctors were worried that I was going to have a seizure, so they started me on a medicine called magnesium through an IV. The labor was really long and full of some very scary complications. So, after 30 hours of labor, the doctors decided that we needed a c-section to get Clara out as fast and as safely as possible. This is a really bad picture of me that Robby took while I was in labor. I have never felt so sick in my whole life! I am really glad it is over and that Clara is here safe!

When the doctors decided we needed a c-section they had me ready to go within 10 minutes and they gave Robby these scrubs to wear so he could come too.

This is doctor Thomas. She is the OBGYN who preformed my c-section. This is the first picture of Clara, right after she was born around 8 in the morning on May 2, 2008! She weighed 7.7 pounds and was 20.5 inches long!

The nurses and doctors cleaned her up and gave her to daddy to hold while I was being stitched up.

Such a proud daddy!

Clara's first picture as a clean baby!

Mommy's first time to hold Clara. I really don't remember anything about this except that I was so scared that I was going to drop her!

Isn't she cute!

When we finally got to our room daddy just loved being with her.

This is the next day, May 3. I had to stay in bed because they still had me on the magnesium drip, and because I was bleeding too much, so they also had me on a pitocin drip.

One of our favorite nurses made Clara this hat and we had a lot of fun taking pictures of her in it.

Side profile in her new hat!

I have no idea what I would have done without my mother here to help. She was such a blessing to me and Robby both. This is her holding Clara.

This is Clara's first ride in her car seat! We finally got to go home on May 5.

Sometimes Clara loves her swing, sometimes she hates it! This is her first time to ride in it.

May 5. Robby and I were so excited about Clara we showed her everything! She liked her boppy too!

This is my first time to hold Clara on May 5, in the rocking chair Robby and I bought for her. We are so excited to have her with us. I was meant to be a mommy! I love it! And Robby is a great dad. Thanks to everyone who has called, emailed, and sent gifts. It has taken me longer than I expected to get back in touch with everyone. Robby and I are trying to sleep as much as we can, so we haven't called anyone back yet, but we will. We love you all! ~ Andrea, Robby, & Clara