Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Our new place

It has been so hot here lately! Robby and I literally opened all of our windows, turned on our little revolving fan, and layed in front of it like this dog! We were so hot! Heat is so different here, it is so dry, it burns! I was sweating all day yesterday, but not the stickiness like you feel in Alabama. Well, we did it! We signed the lease for the new place on Alcatraz Ave. We are going to move on May 31, when we get back from Hawaii. We are excited. I think we get tired of living in a place after a while. I don't know how good that will be when we decide to settle down and buy a house! Im sure that will be different though, we will be able to change things about the house and stuff. Anyways, I posted a link to a google map at the end of this post so you can see where we are going to live. If you zoom in a little on the map you can see Alta Bates Medical Center on Ashby Ave. That is where I work. Then if you look in the other direction down College Street, you can see the Rockridge BART. Robby will be riding this to work every day. This will be the first time we will both work using the professions we went to college for at the same time! One of us has always been in school while the other one worked. I hope it works out ok; it makes me a little sad because I always have to work every other weekend and Robby works every week day, so we will only see eachother for 4 full days each month!!!! How sad is that! Well, I am going to run in a half Marathon this weekend, I am really excited about it. I love races. Then the next week I have jury duty.....not too excited about that... but then that Sunday we are leaving for HAWAII!!!!! The next couple of weeks are going to be really busy here. I hope everyone else is doing great! Love ya, Dea Here is the link I told you guys about: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=379+Alcatraz+Ave,+Oakland,+California+94618&sll=37.851967,-122.255881&sspn=0.007794,0.014462&hl=en&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=37.852492,-122.256718&spn=0.015587,0.028925&z=15&iwloc=addr