Sunday, November 26, 2006

Napa Valley

The pictures above are all of vinyards in Napa Valley. It is one of the prettiest places I have ever been. It is really neat how the climate in a certain place can be so good for growing something that the land becomes over taken by that product. It is as if the enitre town was built around wine! The bottom picture is of me infront of the giant containers that the wine is stored in during the fermenting process. Making wine was nothing like Robby and I thought it would be. I have to be honest and say that we were both a little dissapointed that we didn't end up in a wine celler like Edgar Allen Poe wrote about! Wine making is very high tech now. After we toured the vinyards, Robby and I were fourtunate to get to see the Christmas parade through downtown Nappa. It was a grand parade with lots of cars Uncle Jackie would have loved, High School bands, beauty queens, tap dancers, horses, and lots of candy throwing elves. Robby laughed at me for running into the street with the children to pick up candy! It was a great day. I wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow. It is much more fun to play! Happy Holidays everyone!