Sunday, October 01, 2006

Just saying hello!

(This is a picture of the bus Robby and I are always riding everywhere! It is a hybrid, it uses electricity and natural gas only! People here are very big on preserving the environment! Robby and I had to have our car "smog tested" before we could buy it! That's right, we are trying to take out a loan so we can buy the Jetta!) Hello friends and family! It is time for my weekly update! Unfortunately things are starting to get really busy with my work and Robby's school, so I don't have any fun pictures to share this week. Wednesday, when I go back to work at the hospital, I am going to take a camera with me so I can show you guys what my unit looks like! The view from the ICU is breath taking. It's too bad the patients are usually too sick to notice it, but it is a million dollar view! Robby and I went on our first "date" last night since we have been here. I cooked a good meal and then we took the bus into downtown Berkeley and went to see a movie. It was fun, but I don't think I will ever get used to the streets literally being lined with homeless people sleeping. They are nice, they honestly don't bother you, except to ask for change every now and then, but that's all. Most of them are very educated people that just got hit hard when the .com era erupted. Anyways, Robby now has his passport and we are waiting for his visa from the Chinese embassy. I'm nervous for him! The time change is really crazy, he leaves here at like 9 in the morning and gets there at like 8 in the morning on the same day! Those aren't the actual times, but it is about a 12 hour flight and he says he will be getting there before he left here! Talk about jet lag!! You know, I like this age. I am so excited about every day! There are so many fun things going on in my friends lives too! I have 3 friends getting married (Amanda, Rachel, and Natalie), 1 going to a TESL school in Australia (Lane), and 2 having their 3rd baby (Katie and Walt)!! So many new adventures!! So far, 23 has been my favorite age. Robby says 22 or 23 was his favorite too, he doesn't like that he is about to turn 25, it bothers him, he talks about it a lot!! You know, I thank God every day for His blessings, Robby and I are truly blessed to be loved by such great family and friends. You guys have no idea how important you are to us, and how much we love and miss you all. We are already talking about how excited we are about possibly getting to come home for Christmas, and we are already stressing about not having enough time to see everyone we want to! Have a great week, I will have some pictures to post soon, I promise! War Eagle! ~Dea